I’m excited that you are interested in working as my assistant! Here are some details:
I am based in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. Most of our shoots will be in one of the Cottonwood Canyons, downtown SLC, or in Park City.
- Assisting with lighting (i.e.reflectors, off-camera flash, etc.)
- Assisting with (read schlepping ) 10-15 pounds of photo gear
- Watching for fly-away hairs, adjusting jewelry, showing bra straps, etc.
- Providing occasional comic relief
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Must have your own transportation.
- Must be available evenings and weekends (including Sundays).
- Must be perpetually on time. Even better, be early.
- Must be flexible. The weather doesn’t always cooperate.
- Must be respectful, kind, and professional.
- Must be okay with being the quiet but oh-so-helpful assistant.
- Must be good with trekking through fields, forests, and cities while carrying 10-15 pounds of gear.
- Must sign a non-compete agreement.
I usually take 3-4 sessions a month. Each session is about 3-4 hours long, so it is typically 20-25 hours/month.
Pay is $10/hour
I try to give you as much notice as possible, but sometimes I have clients who require sessions that week, so notice can be short.
Fill this out to apply. Expect a phone call shortly.